• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere scaled image hides lower layers

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently place a "slide" (an 80% resized .png file) over background images/video.

Z4 12-10-20 at 01.41 PM.PNG

In the timeline it looks like this:

Z4 12-10-20 at 01.41 PM 001.PNG

Frequently, it blocks lower layers in Premiere  program monitor, but it will render fine. There is no masking here.

Z4 12-10-20 at 01.40 PM.PNG

If I disable/enable the image items (individually)  on the timeline, this ususally fixes the problem. But then when I reeopen Premiere for a later edit, the lower layers are again hidden.  Problem occurs with JPG or PNG imaages. Haven't really tried with other formats. 

It's especially painful with 100+ "slides!"

Any ideas on why this is happening/how to cure?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is on the adjustment layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In this project it contains luimetri settings for speakers' studio video (Adjustment layer and video layers are below this.). This problem occurs with/without the adjustment layer present.

MORE background info:

• The problem occurs on both Mac and Windows machines.
  • In projects where this is a problem, sometime the entire program window goes black, not just the layers below the PNG.
  • If program window is black, system will not record Export Frame (Cntl+Shift+E) [logically because there is nothing there as opposed to black]. If window is partiall visible, I get a partial image, but the same size as the program window:
    Z4 12-10-20 at 01.40 PM.PNG
  • Sometimes I have to restart Premiere or even fully reboot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines