• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere slipping footage by less than a frame

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Premiere v14, when I select a video track and shift the clip forward or backwards, instead of locking to frames, it's now shifting it between frames. I can click and drag a clip forward or backwards in the timeline, and it takes 3 or 4 shifts (depending on your zoom level) before it says it's moved 1 frame.

It still does snap to frame markers, but it means now I can shift a clip and it'll snap back to where it was, instead of moving forward or backwards 1 frame, if I don't move it enough. Not sure why it's not just only snapping to frames anymore, instead of giving me these useless steps in between.

I don't remember ever having this issue before in Premiere. Makes small edit tweaks more difficult than it needs to be.

Attached video shows the behavior I'm talking about.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the S-key once on your keyboard or click on the "magnet" icon on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good thought but snapping is already on. Not the problem here unfortuantely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same but its not actually slipping frames. If you let go of the mouse it snaps to the nearest full frame.

It moves more sutle instead of snapping to everything nearby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I realized as I was working out what was going on that it wasn't actually slipping frames, but still snapping to the nearest full frame. But still is something it shouldn't be doing. It should only be moving by frames, not in between frames and then snapping to one. I'm hoping that it's a setting somewhere that can be turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually like it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intersting. Can I ask why? I don't see any need for it, so would love to hear how it benefits you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Often my clip snaps to a position I dont want it to snap to, especially when zoomed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines