Highlighted

Premiere stopped importing After Effects projects

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Premiere stopped importing AE projects around here and i don't know why and how to fix it. It was perfectly fine weeks ago; i use both to animate and edit some material for a friends' YouTube channel, and i have multiple AE projects with animations that i import to Premiere - i do this instead of rendering because i always have to change a few things for each "episode", so i thought it would be easier to just import the most recent version of the project instead of having hundreds of rendered videos occupying space - and this used to work fine until recently.

Now, when i try to import an AE project, after selecting the project, i get the "import file" popup with the progress bar, and then nothing happens. It doesn't load the project, it doesn't react to anything, and i can't do anything else - can't abort, can't click on the "x" button to close the window or the program itself, i have to close it with task manager (Windows 10, by the way). It's more of a side gig than anything urgent, so yesterday i tried to just leave it alone to see if it just took longer for the program to do its thing, i left my computer alone for something like 8 hours (i actually forgot that i was even doing that) and nothing happened.

Yesterday i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Premiere Pro and After Effects - via Adobe CC Desktop manager - and whatever issue there is, it's still here. I've tried cleaning cache (for both software), didn't work either.

Hope someone can help, thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere stopped importing After Effects projects

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Premiere stopped importing AE projects around here and i don't know why and how to fix it. It was perfectly fine weeks ago; i use both to animate and edit some material for a friends' YouTube channel, and i have multiple AE projects with animations that i import to Premiere - i do this instead of rendering because i always have to change a few things for each "episode", so i thought it would be easier to just import the most recent version of the project instead of having hundreds of rendered videos occupying space - and this used to work fine until recently.

Now, when i try to import an AE project, after selecting the project, i get the "import file" popup with the progress bar, and then nothing happens. It doesn't load the project, it doesn't react to anything, and i can't do anything else - can't abort, can't click on the "x" button to close the window or the program itself, i have to close it with task manager (Windows 10, by the way). It's more of a side gig than anything urgent, so yesterday i tried to just leave it alone to see if it just took longer for the program to do its thing, i left my computer alone for something like 8 hours (i actually forgot that i was even doing that) and nothing happened.

Yesterday i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Premiere Pro and After Effects - via Adobe CC Desktop manager - and whatever issue there is, it's still here. I've tried cleaning cache (for both software), didn't work either.

Hope someone can help, thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Editing, Freeze or hang, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 09, 2020 0

Have something to add?