• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE STOPS WORKING WHENEVER A NEW CLIP IS ADDED TO THE TIMELINE! (ADOBE TECH SUPPORT IS TRASH)

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a seriosu issue with Premiere Pro that started several days ago. Basically, everything will be fine. I can edit fine just like I normally would any other time but now after dragging any new clip into any timeline of any project, the project will completely stop working. The playhead can still be moved and everything is clickable, but when you press play, nothing will happen. The only option is to quit the software and when it quits, it then freezes and must be force closed. When you reopen the project, the new clip added will usually be in there but you have to do this every time you add a new clip, so it is pretty much impossible to work with this issue.

I am using an iMac with 24GB of RAM and i7 processor. I was running Catalina (which I recently upgraded to). After hours of failed attemps at fixing the issue from one Adobe rep via screenshare, I evern tried downgrading to Mojave. Same issue still happens on Mojave. I have tried other versions of Premiere and this is still happening every time. Yes, I have cleared the cache and tried literally every possible solution anyone would normally think to try. This is literally driving me to insanity.

Adobe tech support has been absolutely terrible. They are the most incompitent tech support reps I've ever dealt with. I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back and have been repeatedly lied to by multiple reps about when the supervisor will call me back. Now it seems like it's still going to be several days out. I need this issue fixed ASAP! Please help!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, you spelled "incompetent" wrong!

<They are the most incompitent tech support>

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines