Premiere Stuck on Intro Splash Screen

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Friends! I installed the latest Windows and Premiere updates today, and now when I try to open Premiere it is stuck on the opening splash screen. I don't have any error screen, it it simply frozen but does appear to be using some of my memory when I open the Task Manager. 

I have tried everything on this forum within the last 3-4 years, including un-installing and re-installing Premiere (multiple times), deleting any third party plug-ins and the MEDIACORE folder, clearing the cache, SHIFT+ALT on open, etc. etc. Nothing seems to work. 

Please help!! I am using Premiere Version 14.8, plus a 2020 version of Windows 10. 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob! Thanks for your quick response! I am going to try that. I am a little reluctant because it says it's for "advanced user." I would say I'm an intermediate one, but Googles stuff with a lot of heart. Still recommend?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Peru Bob! I was brave and tried the Cleaner Tool. 😉 I followed all the steps including the optional ones. It seemed to work, until I tried the big Premiere open again after using the Cleaner, retstarting, and re-installing. 

Now I can't even get to the splash screen and instead receive an error about a missing MFPlat.DLL (see screenshot below). I did try an un-install and re-install (again, probably going on about 20 of those cumulatively tonight) - but no luck. Is there a safe place to download this? Lots of untrustworthy options appear with a Google search. 

MFPLAT.DLL error.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Peru Bob! I was brave and tried the Cleaner Tool. 😉 I followed all the steps including the optional ones. It seemed to work, until I tried the big Premiere open again after using the Cleaner, retstarting, and re-installing. 

Now I can't even get to the splash screen and instead receive an error about a missing MFPlat.DLL (see screenshot below). I did try an un-install and re-install (again, probably going on about 20 of those cumulatively tonight) - but no luck. Is there a safe place to download this? Lots of untrustworthy options appear with a Google search. 

MFPLAT.DLL error.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to get  MFPlat.DLL from Windows Update.

See if this helps:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-mfplat-dll-not-found-or-missing-errors-2623682

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again! It seems that they are not releasing these for my May 2020 2004 version for another week or so, and unfortunately I had a deadline to meet with Premiere. So my interim fix (in case anyone else is in this pickle) is to revert to the prior version of Windows, but using the current version of Premiere Pro. That worked just fine.

I will try to revisit the Windows update in a week or so not adjacent to a deadline. But thanks for all your ideas and time, Peru Bob!! 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting your progress.  Please update the thread when you're able to update windows..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines