Highlighted

Premiere Subclip: Restore Master File?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just inherited a project where the editor ingested 720p proxies and made subclips FROM those proxies (they did not ingest raw files and create proxies from those). The edit is complete and I've been tasked with onlining everything to the raw 8K .R3D files in preparation for grading in Resolve. I can smoothly online the standalone proxy files in the Project window with "right-click > Proxy > Reconnect Full Resolution Media...", but I can't figure out how to do this for subclips.

I can see from past years' posts that this is a known issue but I'm hoping someone has found a solution to this beyond forcing all subclips offline and reconnecting each one to the raw .R3D file one at a time. There are about 1,000 clips in this sequence. Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Subclip: Restore Master File?

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just inherited a project where the editor ingested 720p proxies and made subclips FROM those proxies (they did not ingest raw files and create proxies from those). The edit is complete and I've been tasked with onlining everything to the raw 8K .R3D files in preparation for grading in Resolve. I can smoothly online the standalone proxy files in the Project window with "right-click > Proxy > Reconnect Full Resolution Media...", but I can't figure out how to do this for subclips.

I can see from past years' posts that this is a known issue but I'm hoping someone has found a solution to this beyond forcing all subclips offline and reconnecting each one to the raw .R3D file one at a time. There are about 1,000 clips in this sequence. Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, How to, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0

Have something to add?