• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere takes a long time to startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere takes a long time to launch the first time after I boot up my Mac. Is there a way to disable some of the bundles or other tips to speed up the process?

Premiere 13.1.1

System Version: macOS 10.14.4 (18E226)

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2019 Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SFMichael,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to reset app preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? ) and clear cache (FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) to isolate any preference or cache corruption issue that could be causing the app to misbehave.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not the only one facing 'this issue'. It's a real bummer. Not very professional piece of software, taking 15 minutes or more to start. I will be using other software instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a solve to fixing this! See below. Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. PremierePro 2020  launch time takes me 5mins, Premiere2019/2018 only 30s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The straightforward solve to a slow launch of premiere pro, where premiere takes forever to launch on every open, updated to reflect CC19:

1. Delete the contents of your sweet media cache folders 

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

HIT THE FOLDERS: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files, Team Project Cache, PTX

Windows: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

NOT SURE which windows folders, I'm sure similar to the mac sub-folders

2. Option-Shift (Mac) or Alt-Shift (Windows) when launching Premiere, press "OK" on dialog
  3. Wait forever for the initial Premiere launch (launching as if after update, which takes forever)
  4. Do an auto cache clean after launch just to be safe (Premiere Prefs-->Media Cache-->Delete Unused)
  5. Quit
  6. Re-launch is now, ¡finally! much speedier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I wanted to thank you so much for your insight... I am SO grateful for your post, as I've tried MANY different 'fixes' that didn't work.  Yours was the answer!  Positive vibes going your way man..  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Canvokey, I am on a Mac and can't find the path

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

HIT THE FOLDERS: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files, Team Project Cache, PTX

Has it changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion, Ben. The usual confusion for macOS is that you are wrongly checking your system Library, not the User Library. Can you check that? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it but there was only a plugins folder. Is it possible to "explain like I'''m 2" from scratch so I can get Premiere loading properly again. The above post was a little awkward to interpret correctly.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Took care of slow load and slow quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PERFECT! Wow thank you so much. People are so vague with step-by-step instructions but you really helped laying out the fix to this. Appreciate you, brother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Only one question: what do you mean by “hit” the folders? Empty them? Delete them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, delete them. These days, it's much easier to delete media cache using the Preferences > Media Cache and delete the files from there so you don't have to go digging into your Library any longer. Choose File > Close All Projects, then choose Preferences > Media Cache for the options. 

Instructions are here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-premier...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Kevin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a lot of 3rd party plug-ins, that can slow up the startup process.  Digital Rebellion has a plug-in manager that makes it easy to choose which plug-ins load and which do not without deleting anything and works with many other programs besides premiere.

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

can't remember what it cost, but I think there's a free trial...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines