Highlighted

Premiere takes a long time to startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere takes a long time to launch the first time after I boot up my Mac. Is there a way to disable some of the bundles or other tips to speed up the process?

Premiere 13.1.1

System Version: macOS 10.14.4 (18E226)

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere takes a long time to startup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere takes a long time to launch the first time after I boot up my Mac. Is there a way to disable some of the bundles or other tips to speed up the process?

Premiere 13.1.1

System Version: macOS 10.14.4 (18E226)

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 18, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SFMichael,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please try to reset app preferences (FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro? ) and clear cache (FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) to isolate any preference or cache corruption issue that could be causing the app to misbehave.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 18, 2019 2
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not the only one facing 'this issue'. It's a real bummer. Not very professional piece of software, taking 15 minutes or more to start. I will be using other software instead.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 3
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a solve to fixing this! See below. Good luck! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me, too. PremierePro 2020  launch time takes me 5mins, Premiere2019/2018 only 30s

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The straightforward solve to a slow launch of premiere pro, where premiere takes forever to launch on every open, updated to reflect CC19:

1. Delete the contents of your sweet media cache folders 

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

HIT THE FOLDERS: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files, Team Project Cache, PTX

Windows: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common

NOT SURE which windows folders, I'm sure similar to the mac sub-folders

2. Option-Shift (Mac) or Alt-Shift (Windows) when launching Premiere, press "OK" on dialog
  3. Wait forever for the initial Premiere launch (launching as if after update, which takes forever)
  4. Do an auto cache clean after launch just to be safe (Premiere Prefs-->Media Cache-->Delete Unused)
  5. Quit
  6. Re-launch is now, ¡finally! much speedier

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2019 5
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I wanted to thank you so much for your insight... I am SO grateful for your post, as I've tried MANY different 'fixes' that didn't work.  Yours was the answer!  Positive vibes going your way man..  🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0