• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Taking Up 100% RAM

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for background infomation, my laptop has 16 gb ram and this is a problem that only happens for long videos (like 1 hour in length). So, in Premiere 2021 version, when I start exporting long videos, the RAM usage just keeps rising up and when the ram fills up, the exporting crashes and stops. I have set ram usage limit to 6/8 GB in Preferences, but during exporting, it passes that limit and goes upto 12 GB ram usage. I didn't have this problem in the 2019 version but that version didn't use nvidia gpu for some reason (even after selecting CUDA) which is solved in 2021 but now I have this too much RAM usage problem. If anyone has any suggestions, you are welcome.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Change 'Optimize rendering ..' to "Memory"  (go Edit > Preferences > Memory.. )

2) Turn off Hardware accelerated Decoding in Preferences > Media... (do app restart)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had 'optimize rendering' set to memory. After seeing this, I also turned off hardware accelerated decoding but nothing changed:( Premiere is still taking up all the ram during exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean install of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver).

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of them but I still have the problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, the only thing that helped me is reverting to premiere 14.5

as soon as I update again to latest version this bug starts again and all my RAM starts filling up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues of Premiere eating all my memory.  running the 2022 version.  It does this even if nothing is playing back!  Seems the only way to resolve this is ditching Premiere entirely.  This bug has been around for half a decade or more.  Adobe seems unwilling to fix it ever.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Optimization is the second step after performance, which should be implemented by developers. It's really annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landed on this post today because it still isn't fixed. I have a top-of-the-line PC with 64 GB of RAM and Premiere can't playback a single video clip without stuttering uncontrollably. My CPU, my SSD, my Graphics Card, are all barely working, but my 64 GB of Ram is at 60% and it's maxing out and freezing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob!

In my observation, the last piece of advice usually solves a memory leak issue. Import the older project into a new one that is.

If it doesn't work, you need to look into using an Auto Save copy of your project that does not exhibit the behavior. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PC has 64gb RAM, 2tb SSD, Radeon RX 570s GPU and 6 core Ryzen 5 CPU. Not under Adobe PR recommendations. While editing and previewing, my RAM is maxed while CPU and GPU are minimal. I can't seem to find any other settings that give me control over rendering and/or exporting. My current plan is to build another PC with all the highest rated, current hardware. Expensive, but necessary, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having very simmilar issue when Premiere is spiking in RAM usage up to full 32GB. It crashes each 15 minutes of working. I have to terminate the application and start over again. I have opened a ticket for this issue however agents are unable to resolve it even when connected via my computer remotely. Please help. It is unberable. What am I paying for? Torrent versions seam to have worked way more efficiently in this case. Now I am constantly getting errors: Unable to create image buffer or etc. Premiere has an issue releasing RAM usage because it just crashes when filled up. It does not do well with RAM managing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, but the problem was that i animated some text wich made the program lose it, but i made the animation in after effects and that solved the problem. Btw you can also try to work with proxy. 
The perfect tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b8VtZX62XA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I faced same situation when I exported 1'20" mov with simple effects. I did most of what you guys did. I could export it with changing export setting. I changed frame rate 1920*1080 to 960*540 and it worked. There could be mov quality loss but at least I could finish it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I'm on Premiere 2023 and it's using all 128gbs of RAM on every project, extremely frustrating...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remember what the actual fix is, but isn't this a memory leak? Are you running any rgb software like Corsair iCue? I remember getting crashes on export, RAM filling up and a cpu that ran at 1.45v until I shut down rgb software.

Now that I think about it, it might have something to do with your paging file. Maybe check those settings? Minimum value should be 1.5x your RAM and maximum value should be 3x.

Make sure to change the values for the drive where your OS is installed.

Here's a link to a guide from Puget Systems:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/support/guides/what-is-pagefile-and-how-to-adjust-it-2243/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings...   Lots of suggestions in this thread.  Have you tried them all?    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try Changing frame rate to half. as below,

I faced same situation when I exported 1'20" mov with simple effects. I did most of what you guys did. I could export it with changing export setting. I changed frame rate 1920*1080 to 960*540 and it worked. There could be mov quality loss but at least I could finish it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines