Highlighted

Premiere to AE Dynamic Link - Colour Correction Problem

New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm quite new to Adobe and I wanted to use a dynamic link today. I applied advanced speed ramping to a dynamically linked clip in After Effects and then when I came back to Premiere pro to colour correct it, I realised that the colours are just not right.

The highlights in the original clip offer much more flexibility and I could recover some data from the over exposed area. But the clip, which I used as a dynamic link and added "effects" to in AE, has lost its dynamic range and is not as flexible as the original.

Have you got a solution to this issue?

Here's a screenshot (For some reason I couldn't insert an image directly, so hope you don't mind a link instead): Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere to AE Dynamic Link - Colour Correction Problem

New Here ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm quite new to Adobe and I wanted to use a dynamic link today. I applied advanced speed ramping to a dynamically linked clip in After Effects and then when I came back to Premiere pro to colour correct it, I realised that the colours are just not right.

The highlights in the original clip offer much more flexibility and I could recover some data from the over exposed area. But the clip, which I used as a dynamic link and added "effects" to in AE, has lost its dynamic range and is not as flexible as the original.

Have you got a solution to this issue?

Here's a screenshot (For some reason I couldn't insert an image directly, so hope you don't mind a link instead): Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to drag/drop a screengrab onto your reply.

What are the color management settings in Ae? Premiere is stock Rec.709 and Ae needs to be the same. Also deselect "linear color" in Ae.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. I went into the colour settings and changed the workspace to rec. 709 but nothing has changed. That's super strange.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you deselect linear color?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I set it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did yo try a 10 bit Rec.709?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the above rec709 gamma 2.4 but also changed the depth to 32 bit and it seemed to work for me. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Did you find out the solution? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2020 0