Highlighted

Premiere to Flame XML issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am cutting a TV commercial in Premiere.  It is being onlined in Flame at a different post company.  I have sent them a reference QT an EDL and a XML.  The Flame Op has called to say that the EDL lines up but with no speed changes.  The XML doesn't line up and the cuts drift throughout, making the sequnce longer? Both our timelines are set at 25fps.  I have imported them back into Premiere and they all line up with my master sequence still.  Any ideas why this happens in Flame and if I can do anything differently to help?  

Thanks

Topics

Error or problem, Export

Views

214

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere to Flame XML issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am cutting a TV commercial in Premiere.  It is being onlined in Flame at a different post company.  I have sent them a reference QT an EDL and a XML.  The Flame Op has called to say that the EDL lines up but with no speed changes.  The XML doesn't line up and the cuts drift throughout, making the sequnce longer? Both our timelines are set at 25fps.  I have imported them back into Premiere and they all line up with my master sequence still.  Any ideas why this happens in Flame and if I can do anything differently to help?  

Thanks

Topics

Error or problem, Export

Views

215

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex, in my personal experience AAF/XML/EDL works only partially in flame. Adobe adds propietary data to the saved files that autodesk can't read. If you're lucky the IN/OUT of the clips will match but if you have scaling/repositioning in your timeline you'll most likely find issues there. I guess the best solution would be to import an AAF/XML/EDL from premiere to avid mc and from there to flame since flame only reads properly the AAF/XML/EDL that has been generated from avid mc.

Hope this helps.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the exact same problem. Solution please 🙏🙏

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We never found an instant solution. The only workaround was that a colleague had Resolve. He imported my xml and checked it against my offline. He then made a new xml from resolve and this worked in flame. Hope this helps. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that before, resolve read the xml correct but flame still read it wrong.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...