• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Update - Only one subtitle track is activated

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated. My computer installed a stupid new update for Premiere against my will and now I can only have one subtitle track per project. But I need two. Has Adobe completely shut this down now?

I'm so angry right now. I didn't choose this. Why do you HAVE to install the damn update?

Can anyone help me. I am working with two subtitle tracks. Is that still possible somehow? I would be incredibly grateful for your help!!!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Formats , How to , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your only option is to roll back to the last version (2020.9.0).

The new caption workflow, for now at least, only allows one track at a time. If your two tracks never haed any overlap between timecodes, you could combine them. However, you likely do have overlap, and this is not possible in the new workflow.

In the first 6 pages of new PR feature requests/bug reports, I found only one that makes this request. Upvote it:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42970134-multiple-caption-t...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Stan, thnx a lot for your reply. Sorry for being so emotional. I was on a clock and couldn't finish a project :(. How do I install an older Version? Is there some sort of tutorial. Thnx again for your quick reply. With kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem; captions are a big deal. The new workflow is very improved, but in addition to the improvements still needed, there are some gotchas that are upsetting when you discover them under deadline.

I always leave the old version active. So PR 2021 installs in addition to PR 2020. Just open PR 2020 and work there. Work you have done in the 2021 version cannot be opened in 2020, however.

If you did not keep PR 2020 installed, you can install PR 2020.9 version from your cloud desktop.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines