• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PREMIERE v15 SETTINGS

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Premiere Pro v15 handle clips with different fps?  Any special settings I should use?  Would it be best to use a timeline with the lowest fps for exporting?

On my timeline is 1920x1080  59.94fps.   I have on the timeline 1920x1080HD 59.94fps,  1920x1080 29.97, and 1920x1080 25fps.

The timeline works well, but when I export to H.264 1920x1080HD 59.94fps, I have audio sync issues on playback.  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Audio , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Premiere pro can handle different frame rates.

In terms of what frame rate you should use for your timeline, I'd (generally) go for the one that matches most of your clips.

29.97 and  59.94 are multiples of each other so either of these frame rates would be fine for the 59.94 & 29.97 footage you have. However I would likely choose 29.97.

For the 25fps material I would drop it into your timeline and apply speed/duration + optical flow to each of these clips -

> right click a clip in your sequence and select Speed/Duration > then select Optical Flow from the pull down 'Time Interpolation' menu.

This will (in most cases) create a very good standards conversion of the 25fps footage to 29.97. You may see some weird artifacts on 'complex moving shots' (and some other specific circumstances) but often it will look great. You will need to 'preview render' your sequence to see how the optical flow looks. For problem shots turn off optical flow or select 'Frame Blending' from the pull down menu mentioned above.

As to your audio sync issues - this may not have anything to do with the different frame rates. Do you have any 'variable frame rate' clips in your sequence. i.e. shot with an iPhone etc? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines