premiere very poor performance WHY

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

please help. I have severe performnce issues. I cant playback anything from timeline without payback issues. black screens. if i so much as reverse a clip i can not play it back. if i put an effect eg Transform" over a clip the clips will glitch to other clips in timeline. i have just bought a new laptop and this is extreamly hard to deal with.

Edditing 1080p 60p footage h.264

HP omen 15

i9 9880H base 2.3 upto 4.8

32 gig ram

SSD hard drive

NVIDIA RTX 2080 MAX Q design. (not sure if max q is issue)

I can not continue this hobby if its like this.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm dealing with exactly the same problem. It started about 3 days ago. No idea what's going on but Premiere is almost impossible to use for me right now. It's taking 10-20 seconds between every cut or scroll on the timeline with my CPU (Intel i7 9700k) maxing out at 100%+. Everything was working great until just a few days ago. No idea what's going on with Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. It started some days ago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert to an easy editable format instead of struggling with H.264.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,

My lag problem ended up coming from the audio clips recorded on my Tascam DR70. When I removed those clips everything went back to being buttery smooth. I found that I could "Render and Replace" those clips on the timeline and it would fix my issue. Is this something I will have to do at the beginning of every new project, or is there another way to convert the audio files on import like we do with proxy video files? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro can be a pain in the buttocks to tweak out. In your case installing ASIO for all drivers might help. The video shows how to enable ASIO drivers in Premiere Pro.

https://youtu.be/Q-fpynuJCwQ

This video tutorial show the best setting for Premiere Pro on Mac and PC including CUDA, Open CL., Quick Sync and ASIO.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines