• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere will not close when I exit the program

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a huge issue. I've been trying to get around it for months now but my work around is not working any longer. I have been working on a project. When I save the project and close the program, Premiere continues to run as a background service. So it will not relaunch. I have to open the task manager end the process. Then when I open the program again my project is not viewable in the preview screen or the timeline preview. However, when I go to color correct I can see the small video but not the preview screen.

I was going to Users/User/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0 and just deleting the 12.0 folder. Then ending the process in task manager. Then relaunching Premiere and it would work. Only until I closed the software. Then on the next relaunch the same problem. Now, that isn't even working. I'm just getting a white screen for the timeline preview, No visual in the library preview. But the audio works fine. Can someone please help me with this. I'm losing my mind. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Surely with the program open, if you see that the task manager executes another process of Premiere, when closing the main process, the subprocess continues executing, which prevents the download of momoria.

Unfortunately, I do not remember the solution to that error, it only happened to me once with a CC version.

I can only recommend what I would do.

Check the event viewer in case there is a record of an error related to the program.

If I do not have the latest version of the program installed, update it.

Uninstall with:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

from step 6.

Install again, making sure it is as administrator.

And luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello from 2021.  I'm having this issue as well.  There seems to be a ton of issues running Adobe products on Apple.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines