Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere won't allow me to have more than 3 audio tracks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm doing sound design on a video sequence and Premiere will only allow me add 3 audio tracks to the timeline. If I add audio to the 4th track then it crashes. I've tried adding the audio clip directly to the sequence and also creating the track first and both resuly in Premiere crashing. I updated to the latest version this morning to make sure that wasn't the issue, but it's still crashing. 

Please help,

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Thanks Neil. I found the problem. There were 2 plugins active in my COntrol Surface. Once I took them out, then problem resolved. Thanks for your response. Quick question, what's DAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system details, please? If you could be as detailed as possible, and include the actual project settings as well this might help to isolate the cause of the trouble.

I must confess that Audio has ever been the achilles heel of Premiere - it just doesn't work very well - and I always prefer to do any & all sound design & mixing in a DAW and then import that into PPro for the final renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil. I found the problem. There were 2 plugins active in my COntrol Surface. Once I took them out, then problem resolved. Thanks for your response. Quick question, what's DAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAW = Digital Audio Workstation.

Audition, Nuendo, Cubase etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version is not a version: which build are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your insight. What's a build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is the number.number form ... as say, 14.7 ... and sometimes you'll see something like " 14.7 (32) " which would be 14.7 build 32, or perhaps " 14.7 (build 32)". You find this on the "Help/About ... " dialog box near the top.

Neil

Premiere Build Number.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Donn,

There is a bug with control surfaces and/or plug-ins which act as control surfaces. Sorry for the terrible inconvenience. You may want to roll back a version or move forward into the beta version if you want to be clear of the bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Kevin. As these plugins aren't mission critical and I can make use of one of them inside After Effects, I was simply able to remove them and continue on with the edit. I'll test the waters with the different versions and see how I progress. Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines