• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere won't even open the options for exporting. Please help?

Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last problem, I've finished several videos with just weird font errors, but now it won't even open the options box for exporting. I finished editing > File > Export. I clicked Export, and nothing happens. Usually the box opens that gives me all my options for export, but it doesn't even show up. I've tried closing and opening the program several times, tried the hotkey for export, and I've tried to find another way to export the video. Nothing works...

For some reason Premier is being REALLY buggy lately. Which is weird, because I never had a problem before last month or so.

The latest I can be done with this video is tomorrow. I really need help.

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Try trashing preferences or if that does not work reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try trashing preferences or if that does not work reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I trash preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aandre23  wrote

How do I trash preferences?

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. It appears that trashing the preferences didn't work this time. I'd try the other suggestion, but I am unfortunately in a situation where I am out of internet data and too far away from any free wifi to do such a task... Is there anything else I could try???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trashed prefs, uninstalled everything adobe related, cc cleaned everything, restarted, reinstalled - same issue... no change at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this really after the fact and you've probably found a solution, but I wanted to share that I had the same problem and it turns out it was related to mySIMBL. I put the Adobe programs on the SIMBL blacklist and the export feature works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, Thank yu!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the SIMBL blacklist?  How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is somewhat belated, but I had a very similar issue today. I am not certain the root cause is the same, however.

Neither the menu to export nor the keyboard shortcut worked. The solution was crazy simple for me (perhaps stupidly so). I selected the timeline so that it was the highlighted and active module in Premier Pro CC 2018. After that, I was able to export the video.

1. Click on the timeline so that the module is highlighted

2. Export the video

HTH

(Why using the export command doesn't work otherwise baffles me. What ELSE would I be trying to export other than the sequence?)

O_o;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks that was it.

Adobe, this is a serious UX flaw / bug and should be fixed asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, 2020 and this is still an issue! All they need to do is have it select the timeline and then open up export. So silly of a big company that can easily fix the buggiest application on CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the problem I faced - Export menu wouldn't open up in Premire Pro cc version 14.3.1 (build 45). I even opened AME first, nothing would export. THEN I saw this post, selected everything on the Timeline Main Sequence and it all worked immediately. How stupid is this?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a fix or me, main timeline selected on export every time, will not open export window to export - just get wheel of doom. I have had enough of Premiere and Adobe. These compounded experiences and bugs over the years have done me in and I am quitting video forever. Well done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edwin, 

Deselect timeline, click anywhere in black, then, try to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022 and still working! had the exact same issue and just did this. Now it pops up! c'mon adobe, do better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! It worked for me.

Trashing the preferences and reinstalling didn't help, but this solution did. Hopefully someone from Adobe will resolve this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked for me... WTF Adobe?

Stacks on stacks of weird UX glitches and bugs. I love working Premiere but I don't love how glitchy it is. Do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks. Everything was working fine (apart from the usual 10 crashes a day) and then I just couldn't export. It figures though. Adobe totally blows now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Trout  wrote

(Why using the export command doesn't work otherwise baffles me. What ELSE would I be trying to export other than the sequence?)

O_o;

A single clip or multiple clips from the project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're awesome!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!    I just had the same problem today for very first time even though I've been using PP CC for years.  Two differences today from my usual workflow were that my source video was 10-bit .MOV format from a Nikon Z7 via an Atomos Ninja V, instead of my usual MP4 files from lesser sources, and I was applying an N-Log LUT in Premiere Pro.   So I thought one of those must have something to do with it.   But no, I just had to select the timeline window,  and my export worked.

Seriously, WTF Adobe? I'm paying almost $60/month to use this software and I can't afford to have my work interrupted by stupid $#!+ like this. 

My thanks again to Michael Trout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same here - that worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed it for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines