Highlighted

Premiere won't even open the options for exporting. Please help?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last problem, I've finished several videos with just weird font errors, but now it won't even open the options box for exporting. I finished editing > File > Export. I clicked Export, and nothing happens. Usually the box opens that gives me all my options for export, but it doesn't even show up. I've tried closing and opening the program several times, tried the hotkey for export, and I've tried to find another way to export the video. Nothing works...

For some reason Premier is being REALLY buggy lately. Which is weird, because I never had a problem before last month or so.

The latest I can be done with this video is tomorrow. I really need help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Try trashing preferences or if that does not work reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere won't even open the options for exporting. Please help?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last problem, I've finished several videos with just weird font errors, but now it won't even open the options box for exporting. I finished editing > File > Export. I clicked Export, and nothing happens. Usually the box opens that gives me all my options for export, but it doesn't even show up. I've tried closing and opening the program several times, tried the hotkey for export, and I've tried to find another way to export the video. Nothing works...

For some reason Premier is being REALLY buggy lately. Which is weird, because I never had a problem before last month or so.

The latest I can be done with this video is tomorrow. I really need help.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

Try trashing preferences or if that does not work reinstall and Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I trash preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 0
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aandre23  wrote

How do I trash preferences?

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both. It appears that trashing the preferences didn't work this time. I'd try the other suggestion, but I am unfortunately in a situation where I am out of internet data and too far away from any free wifi to do such a task... Is there anything else I could try???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this really after the fact and you've probably found a solution, but I wanted to share that I had the same problem and it turns out it was related to mySIMBL. I put the Adobe programs on the SIMBL blacklist and the export feature works again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2018 1
Participant ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is somewhat belated, but I had a very similar issue today. I am not certain the root cause is the same, however.

Neither the menu to export nor the keyboard shortcut worked. The solution was crazy simple for me (perhaps stupidly so). I selected the timeline so that it was the highlighted and active module in Premier Pro CC 2018. After that, I was able to export the video.

1. Click on the timeline so that the module is highlighted

2. Export the video

HTH

(Why using the export command doesn't work otherwise baffles me. What ELSE would I be trying to export other than the sequence?)

O_o;

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 42
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks that was it.

Adobe, this is a serious UX flaw / bug and should be fixed asap

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2018 7
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, 2020 and this is still an issue! All they need to do is have it select the timeline and then open up export. So silly of a big company that can easily fix the buggiest application on CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 3
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the problem I faced - Export menu wouldn't open up in Premire Pro cc version 14.3.1 (build 45). I even opened AME first, nothing would export. THEN I saw this post, selected everything on the Timeline Main Sequence and it all worked immediately. How stupid is this?!?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 2
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lifesaver! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! It worked for me.

Trashing the preferences and reinstalling didn't help, but this solution did. Hopefully someone from Adobe will resolve this issue soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2018 2
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked for me... WTF Adobe?

Stacks on stacks of weird UX glitches and bugs. I love working Premiere but I don't love how glitchy it is. Do better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2018 1
Enthusiast ,
Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks. Everything was working fine (apart from the usual 10 crashes a day) and then I just couldn't export. It figures though. Adobe totally blows now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 04, 2019 0
Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Trout  wrote

(Why using the export command doesn't work otherwise baffles me. What ELSE would I be trying to export other than the sequence?)

O_o;

A single clip or multiple clips from the project panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're awesome!

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!    I just had the same problem today for very first time even though I've been using PP CC for years.  Two differences today from my usual workflow were that my source video was 10-bit .MOV format from a Nikon Z7 via an Atomos Ninja V, instead of my usual MP4 files from lesser sources, and I was applying an N-Log LUT in Premiere Pro.   So I thought one of those must have something to do with it.   But no, I just had to select the timeline window,  and my export worked.

Seriously, WTF Adobe? I'm paying almost $60/month to use this software and I can't afford to have my work interrupted by stupid $#!+ like this. 

My thanks again to Michael Trout.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep same here - that worked. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this fixed it for me!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 23, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, this worked for me too! 😊

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! Still happening in 2020 version!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me. Seems so dumb, like you said.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 09, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael_Trout THANK YOU so much. You saved my day. I can't believe that was the mistake. How can adobe do something like this. Ouuuh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used older version of premiere pro, and this is my first CC version. 

I was lost a lot. 

Following your advice worked today for me !

They must have written this version mostly for the MAC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 🙏

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. This should be marked as the answer. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, thank you !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks man.. been spending an hour wondering what was going on.. Was about to uninstall. Come on Adobe.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.I was doing the same mistake.lol

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanx,

Selecting the timeline and then exporting saved my life....

I

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This solved it for me too in Premiere Pro 2020 (Version 14.5.0 Build 51).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is EXACTLY the issue and solution for me.  Thank you!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!!! it worked 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me... I highlighted my work and went to file>export to open export settings.  At the bottom of the window make sure source range is set to entire sequence. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem but exporting media worked after I moved a cell down one row to fill in a blank cell area. In general, Premiere 2018 seems fairly buggy so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2018 2