Highlighted

Premiere Won't Launch Failure: Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used my premiere pro software in about 3 weeks and today when I went to start the application I encountered a huge problem that's wasted 8 hours of my day troubleshooting. Basically the small loading window that pops up after you click the application freezes up during "Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm".

I've searched for hours trying to find a solution with ZERO luck. I've uninstalled the entire Adobe Cloud and all my applications and still no luck. All the other Adobe apps seem to work fine. It's just Premiere Pro I cannot get going. I have the most up to date version downloaded which is 14.4 and I am on a Windows 10 computer.

Any help? Please and thank you.

Correct answer by Bradley5F93 | Community Beginner

Solved this issue by rolling back a recent Windows 10 update on my PC.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Won't Launch Failure: Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm

Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used my premiere pro software in about 3 weeks and today when I went to start the application I encountered a huge problem that's wasted 8 hours of my day troubleshooting. Basically the small loading window that pops up after you click the application freezes up during "Loading ImporterQuickTime.prm".

I've searched for hours trying to find a solution with ZERO luck. I've uninstalled the entire Adobe Cloud and all my applications and still no luck. All the other Adobe apps seem to work fine. It's just Premiere Pro I cannot get going. I have the most up to date version downloaded which is 14.4 and I am on a Windows 10 computer.

Any help? Please and thank you.

Correct answer by Bradley5F93 | Community Beginner

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clear your preferences when you uninstalled? If not, try that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually solved this issue. I decided to reset my PC, however, before doing so there was an option to roll back a recent (September) Windows 10 update. I opted to roll back the update instead and that SOLVED my issue. Looks like the recent Windows 10 update was bad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0