• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PremierePro can't find my Desktop

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a .mp4 file in a folder on my Desktop - when I created the project, I pulled the file directly from there into the project. Now that I've reopened the project (which sits in the same folder as the .mp4 file) the media is unlinked, and when I go through the linking process PP can't find my Desktop so I can't relink the file. The file has never been moved and is sitting in the same folder as the PP project, which I can open from the "Recent" list on the PP launch screen.

How do I get PP to find my Desktop in the relink media window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all you should not use your desktop as a means of storing footage.

You should put your footage in a regular folder on a (second) drive.

can you play the footage from the desktop in a media player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have many alternate storage options - company policy frowns on external drives, and our shared drives have corrupted past projects, so I generally avoid using them.

Footage plays normally from the desktop - problem is, PP can't see my Desktop at all in the link media. It's like the location just doesn't exist (even though it obviously does).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a permission issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madelainew,

As stated by Ann Bens, it might be an issue with Permissions.

1. Are you logged in as an Administrator?

2. Just for a test, is is possible to login to the computer using a different user account & test?

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem... no way of locating the desktop in premiere pro's "re-link media" file finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Im not too sure if this works for you and if you are using a Mac. It happened to me on my mac and what I did to fix this is to go to the System Preferences and head over to the Security & Privacy settings. There you go to Privacy tab and find the Files and Folders tab. It will show few checkboxes under Premiere Pro can all you have to do is to check the "Desktop Folder" box. And it'll work! I really hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using a Windows PC:

In your Media Browser tab, under local drives (which should show your C: drive) go to the Users folder. Find the user folder you are signed into or using and in there you'll find the Desktop folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

click the users and from the lists click link arrow and its under the link arrow menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines