• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premieres Freezes When Editing Text Color

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three "Bold Comming Up" text essential graphics on my project. I recently set up a new computer (since I started this project). Before I was able to edit the text color, shadow, etc just fine. Now in the Appearance section of the menu if I click either the check box next to the Fill, Stroke, Background or Shadow options or click on the box with the color the program locks up. There is no error displayed, it just plays a sound whenever I try to click on anything and I'm unable to do anything either by clicking or with keyboard short cuts. The odd thing is I am able to change the color if I use the eyedropper tool. I've tried restarting the application and the computer. I also tried deleting the graphics and adding new ones, but it behaves the same way each time. 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also have that problem right now. I'm highlighting the text, clicking the fill color box, and everything locks up. I did discover that when I press the Esc key Premiere returns to normal — but I still can't change the text color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tylerw4749593 & sweetwillieg,

Thanks for writing in.

Sounds like when you click the color box, it opens up the color picker but that doesn't show up on your screen and pressing the Esc key closes the color picker.

Could you try resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro and see if it helps? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premie...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out the color picker was appearing, only it was appearing on a second monitor I had connected to my computer. The second monitor was turned off so I didn't notice this was happening. I'm not sure why the color picker would appear on a screen seprate from the interface, though. Anyway, crisis averted. Thanks Nishu at Adobe for responding so quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines