Exit

PremierPro Lag on Timeline

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 15.06.47.png

Hi All,

I have a problem with the editing which is quite annoing. I tought was my MacBook Pro the problem so I bought an iMac but the lags are still visible on the editing screen. 

I attached the specs of my machine to ask if it is paweful enough to support the softwer 'Premier Pro'.

I would ask any raccomandetion/suggestion to maximaxe the editing without lags.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of video footage are you editing? That plays a big factor in what is being discussed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandi and thaks for answering my question,

I am editing video recorded with my GoPro 8, 

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 12.48.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm I'd expect your machine to playback 1080 GoPro footage fine.  

Do you have an SSD or only the Hard Drive listed? Editing off of a hard drive can cause slow downs as the drive cannot keep up.  Still with 1080p I wouldn't expect that to be an issue but it could be. 

Does it start to lag as soon as you start to edit or as time goes on and the edit gets more complex?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 18.09.19.png

Apple delivered this brand new machine last week, SSD  Storage (Flash) 1TB,

I am editing a 30 min video in duration but when the playback is on the overlapped layer start to lag (see photo attached)

Screenshot 2021-02-03 at 18.15.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried rendering these sections?  You also might investigate a proxy workflow.  h264 files are heavily compressed and require decoding in order to playback.  You might do a little reading about mpeg formats.  Premiere has a great proxy workflow which although it can take a little bit of effort to understand has been rocksolide in my experience.  If you decide to try a proxy workflow, encode one clip and make sure it's behaving properly before doing a lot of clips.  I'd suggest trying prores proxy as a format.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay thanks I will read about. But I do not know if I have to be disappointed about my IMac or Adobe Premier Pro... I thought I should have no problems after buying my new machine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines