• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premire Pro Shortcuts don't work after macOS Catalina Update

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortcuts such as play/pause using the spacebar or the tilde key to maximize window, ect don't work in custom workspaces. After doing a couple resets on my Mac and trying a few other things I noticed that if I go back to one of the defualt workspaces (Editing) and then switch back to my custom workspace (used for two screens) then I gain use to shortcuts again.

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Latest update Premiere version 14.6 looks to have solved this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try re-setting your preferences.

With the app closed hold down shift/command/option and click on the icon to open the app. Keep holding the keys and allow the system to make changes.

When premiere re-opens hopefully the problem will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had done the option and launch premiere prior to your comment. Also did the shift + command + option while launching premiere. It prompted a dialog to reset plugin cache and prefrences and clicked ok to complete. The problem is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a few reports of multiple screens causing some issues.  Do some searching here...  The other thing that's happened recently is that floating panels seem to be problematic...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I saw this post https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-solve-issues-related-to-undocked-panels-in-pr... and that definitely seems like issue. The beta release that is talked about is not available to test out unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ended up seeing the Beta apps were in a seperate tab to download. I had to copy the layouts files over from Version 14.5.0 into the beta version and was able to use shortcut keys. Hope to see this what ever the fix is thats needed in the next version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Latest update Premiere version 14.6 looks to have solved this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines