• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressing Command is not sliding clips

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to move a clip on my timeline to play BEFORE the clip that is currently in front of it. When I drag the clip while pressing command, it doesn't slide down the other clip. Instead it just covers up the front end of the clip I'm putting it in front of and I lose the first few seconds of that clip. When I press command, an arrow pops up pointing to the right, as if it is signaling that it is going to push the clip, but that doesn't actually happen.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a PC it is ctrl-alt+click and drag, so try command+option click and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange, it should work. Be sure to press Ctrl all the time and don't release it until you release the mouse's button.

If it still doesn't work: press ctrl+x to cut the clip that you want to insert, move your current time indicator to where you want to insert your clip, and press Ctrl + Shift + v (paste insert command)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At present, there is an issue with nested audio, which causes strange behavior: delete from timeline or disable Show Audio Waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines