• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Area keeps popping up by default...how do I make it go away permanently?

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is annoying me greatly. I don't use the Preview Area in the project panel. I never have done. It just gets in the way. In all the years I've worked on Premiere, whenever I've opened a project, it's not there. Bliss. But now, for some reason, whenever I open a project it's there...big and obnoxious and cluttering my screen. I know how to turn it off, but I have to do this each and every time I open something. I've persued the settings menus, the project settings menus and I can't for the life of me find the check box to make this preview area off by default!!! 

Please help before I lose my mind. 

Thanks x

[abuse removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue and would really like to not have to manually turn this off every.... single.... time,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workspaces do work oddly and i have issues as well but not the one you have.

To solve your issue i would have: Go to Windows > Workspaces and un-check Import Workspaces from Projects and click OK. Then, go to the Project panel and un-check Preview Area. Start there and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly Import Workspaces... was already unchecked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!

Try Windows > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout to reset the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did it... will report back.  Thanks for the help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would definitely dump your cache files, see if that improves things. If not, you probably need to Trash Preferences and see if that works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both solid ideas.  will give it a swing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the preview area reappearing problem as described in this thread for a couple years now.  I just thought it was my computer but I just started a new job with a totally new computer and the problem still persists.  I followed all the tips in this thread and the preview area is still reappearing.

I am running windows 10 Pro 10.0.19043 with PPro v22 build 169

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean the little preview are at the top of the Project panel, or the Source monitor appearing in the Project panel group?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines