Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview freeze on mavic2 slowmo footage

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I didn't test much because i don't have a lot of footage and it's a new pc, but my preview freezes in premiere. Also i'm a noob, so apologies if this seems like a dumb question.

I got a monster pc which is sitting idle while i do everyuthing yet my preview works for about 2-3 seconds then starts lagging for another 2-3 seconds then it just freezes. I've searched many "fix lag in premiere" topics and i still can't seem to make this work properly.

clip info (shot with mavic2pro):

400mb mpeg, hd 30fps (120slowmo), duration 2;16, hvec 10bit 4:2:0

Any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Might want to consider using proxies or convert the H.265 to a more edit friendly format.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to consider using proxies or convert the H.265 to a more edit friendly format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Proxies didn't help, but converting through media encoder helped.

Actually all mavic 2 pro footage was causing issues after export. No matter the length, the clip used or the format in which it was exported, it was always freezing at about 1-2 seconds after clip start.

I found it interesting enough to mention that regardless of what format i used in media encoder it always worked smoothly and export was also successful in premiere with no issues. I even used the same format the clip was shot, still no issues.

This is definitely some issue in the way these are shot/encoded in the drone or compatibility between codecs...

Anyway,

thannks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines