Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview issues [cuda rendering]

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

i installed premiere pro 2020 again after some time, and i am having a weird issue wich can be seen in the video. When having CUDA acceleration enabeled i get the weird noisy artifacs. I tested this with some differend typs of videos, everytime with the same issu (1080p h.264 4:2:0 8bit, 4k h.264 4:2:0 8bit,  1080p h.265HvEC 4:2:0  10 bit and the same with 4 k) . I also tried a clip i tikk with my phone, same issue. 

The artifacts are even in the rendered video.

I already reinstalled Premiere Pro twice and got rid of all the plug-in´s. Did nearly everything i could find on the internet. 

Also reintalled the graphics driver. Restared Pc like 10 times in the process. 

I dont know if there is something wrong with my graphics card or the cuda cores.

Need help...

If i us OpenCL acceleration i ahve no issues but it is way to slow to work with. 

My PC-specs are: i7-8700k @4,7ghz ; GeForceGTX1070; 16GB of ram. OS Windos 10 64bit

Greeting Robin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Hopefully someone with a little more hardware knowledge can also chime in. Typically render issues like this, as well as the fact that turning to Software Only helps, would suggest that it is related to your GPU. The GPU is supported, though you want to be using the latest Studio Driver (latest drivers appear to be having issues). Is there anything else noticeable on your computer that seems to be glitching? Hopefully it's not related to something going wrong with the card itself.

Which 2020 ver

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named Community Help forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum, Premiere Pro.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone with a little more hardware knowledge can also chime in. Typically render issues like this, as well as the fact that turning to Software Only helps, would suggest that it is related to your GPU. The GPU is supported, though you want to be using the latest Studio Driver (latest drivers appear to be having issues). Is there anything else noticeable on your computer that seems to be glitching? Hopefully it's not related to something going wrong with the card itself.

Which 2020 version are you in? The latest -- and quite recent at that -- is 14.3, so if you're in that you might try rolling back to 14.2.

I just saw this driver posted in another thread. It's a game-ready driver rather than studio, but that allegedly worked to fix it for someone: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/159887/en-us?ncid=afm-chs-44270&ranMID=44270&ranE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 
since the problem was coming up while working in After Effects too, both on the latest version, i rolled back the nvidia driver ( had  the latest GameReadyDriver 451.48 ), i am now runnig the nvidia GameReadyDriver Version 441.66 and everything is working fine, both in PP2020 and AE2020. 

Thank you very much for your help, i appreciate it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a bad GPU driver. The lastest Nvidia drivers have been wonky for many in video post across various applications. Roll back drivers until you find one that works.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've been going through posts today that picture is slowly being painted. Starting to see quite a few of these blocky screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines