• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview not working for Adobe Premiere Pro RTX 2060

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new Lenovo Legion Y740 for both gaming but also some video editing as I am mostly on the go. I loaded up my first video edit today and the clip in the timeline does not play in the preview box. I can hear the audio just fine but the video doesnt render, there is a yellow line above the clip in the timeline. I have updated to the latest version of PP and I updated my vidia drivers to the ones released yesterday.

My system specs are:

●  Processor: 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
●  Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
●  Display Type: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, NVIDIA® G-SYNC, Dolby® Vision HDR™ 400, 144 Hz, 500 nits
●  Memory: 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 (2 x 8GB)

●  Hard Drive: 1TB SSD PCIe

Does anyone have any idea what to do here? I'd be gutted if I couldn't use this laptop for editing in Premiere...

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the video clip? What format/codec, what made it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neil.

It's an MP4 file. Created by an El Gato HD60 S Capture Card. I haven't tried any other video format files yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried disabling my GPU and that also didn't change anything. Basically what happens is I drag the clip to the timeline and I play it the sound plays, albeit the volume reader looks pretty laggy and the first frame of the clip is there but it doesn't play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download MediaInfo and after installing, drag/drop a file onto that applet's icon. It will open, select the "tree view" from the viewing options, and do a screengrab like this one. Drag/drop the screengrab into your reply box, so we can see exactly what's inside that file.

Neil

MediaInfo TreeView.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Days and days and days. I've tried a lot of things to this point, most notably the uninstall and delete the media cache.

Here is the mediainfo document you requested:

Media Info.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Variable frame-rate "around-ish" 60fps. Ouch!

Download the free conversion utility app HandBrake and convert to CFR ... constant frame-rate ... in Handbrake. Make sure you both check the CFR circle AND set a specific frame-rate number in that box also. Set the compression to 'near placebo'.

Then import that file and see if it works properly.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing 😕

I changed framrate to 60, constant framerate and moved the slider to placebo quality. What other suggestions might you have, Neil?! This is super frustrating!

Could it be something with the card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the GPU in use in that rig? Separate "discrete" GPU or is it an onboard chip.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the RTX 2060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia drivers have been wonky as heck across video apps ... roll back to probably the 442.19 driver, see what happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been messing with drivers and I still have had no luck. Anything else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use the "clean install" option and the Studio drivrs?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did. Is there anything else I can do to help you identify the problem? I have no problem running any games, or watching any media but I cannot do anything in Adobe Premiere at the moment. Should I contact Lenovo? Could I have a defective rig?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would see if Lenovo help or their forums could help at this point.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines