• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Screen in Premier is showing small. HELP!

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm helping some friends with a video and I can't figure out how to change the preview size of the video. I'm afraid if I export it as is, it will show up in this rectangular shaped area like so. The screenshot is of a graphic I added, which is actually like 2560x1440. Please help me, I've been stuck on this for hours! Thanks.Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 12.15.45 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to see a screen-grab of your sequence settings. What I'd have to guess at, is this is a video from a phone, held vertical, and the sequence is set for that media. Which is ... what, 2160x3840 or or 1080x1920 or something? So then applying a horizontal graphic to it means the graphic runs off either side of the frame.

At least, that seems probable ... so yes please, what's the media and its frame-size horizontal/vertical, and a screen grab of the sequence settings would be good.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I go to find that information?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has to be it.

Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 1.14.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

willi351  wrote

So how do I fix this?

It depends on what you are trying to do. Right now the sequence is set up to make a tiny vertical image at 30fps. Is that what you want to do? If not, what is it you want to do?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above guy was correct. This was shot on a cell phone, so the images are what they are. I'd like for the images/videos I insert that were shot normally to show up in a wider image. I'm also trying to add text at the end to show up in the normal wider frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've actually had this same issue multiple times. I just now figured out the solution. The previews appears small because of the demensions of the first media used in the sequence. To make the preview and exported video wider all you have to do is go to Sequence (make sure you're selecting an image/video so the settings pop up), Sequence settings, and under video input a different frame size, default is 1920x1080. Hope this helps! Cheers 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines