Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem connecting Premier Pro 2021 with After Effects 2021

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am new to both Premier Pro and After Effects.

I am planning to add some graphics to a shot. I have edited all the footage in Premiere Pro 2021 and then I selected the shot to which I want to add the graphic, selected 'Replace With After Effects Composition'. I was expecting to go into After Effects at this point but instead an error message pops up "Adobe After Effects 2021 must be installed to import this file." Which is confusing because I do have it installed... and open!

Very confusing.

Any help would be useful.

Thanks

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Another user posted this as a solution, see if it works for you:

"I found a solution that worked for me on a Mac and I assume a similar solution would work on Windows. It was an issue with permissions. I went to my security & privacy settings and allowed the adobe products (Premiere, Audition, After Effects and Creative Cloud) full disc access and make sure they had any other requested permissions. After that, I closed out of each program and when I reopened it things started working on Windows,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the exact version of each piece of software? Premiere should be 15.x and After Effects should be 18.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Yes, Premier Pro is 15.2.0 and After Effects is 18.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another user posted this as a solution, see if it works for you:

"I found a solution that worked for me on a Mac and I assume a similar solution would work on Windows. It was an issue with permissions. I went to my security & privacy settings and allowed the adobe products (Premiere, Audition, After Effects and Creative Cloud) full disc access and make sure they had any other requested permissions. After that, I closed out of each program and when I reopened it things started working on Windows, I would try running each as an administrator. Hope this helps!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines