Problem creating Ingest Preset

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to add a Ingest Preset to PP CC.  I created a Avid DNxHR Preset in AME and exported it to a .exp file.  When I tried importing it by clicking on the Add Ingest Preset... I got the following error.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 22.11.41.png

I had Match Source selected in the preset in AME.

How do I fix this?

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On creating a new preset in AME, after clicking the "plus" icon to create a preset, you're given the option of making an Ingest preset or an Encoding preset.

Make an Ingest preset.

Then use the folder icon to Export preset, and save it in the Adobe/Premiere Pro 2017/presets/ingest folder.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi funkytwig,

Did Neil's response help at all?

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Best,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. I created the ingest preset using AME and when I try selecting it within premiere i am getting this error: "The selected preset contains a file copy action which is not permitted for proxy generation. Please use a preset that only contains proxy generation settings.

Presets that use Copy, Transcode or Copy and Create Proxies can only be used as ingest settings during file import."

Any help would be awesome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using that to simply ingest media, or while creating proxies? We would need to know your exact steps here.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines