Problem playing an 8 audio channels video on Premiere Mac using an aggregate 8 channels audio device

New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro v15 on macOS Mojave and/or Catalina. I have a six channels audio device and I created an aggregate 8 channels audio device using the Audio Midi Setup tool on the Mac (Built-in left/right speakers + my 6 audio channels device). I also have an 8 audio tracks movie. When I play this movie with QuickTime player and when the default audio output of the Mac is set to the 8 channels agregate device, each audio track is played on one of the 8 different speakers.

If I import this 8 audio tracks movie in Premiere and try to play this imported sequence, the first two audio tracks are played on the internal speakers, the remaining 6 audio channels content seems to be mixed with the first two channels and is also played on the internal speakers. I found no way to assign those 6 channels to the aggregate audio device like QuickTime player does.

Found a few post about multichannel audio playback but for exporting a video with multitrack content not for testing with a real multichannel audio device directly from Premiere

Any ideas will be appreciated.

What I did before importing :

- Create the aggregate device

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 2.58.57 PM.png

- Change "default output" Audio Hardware to the 8 channels aggregate device

audiohardware.png

 - Create a sequence with 8 adaptative audio channels

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.55.45 PM.png

 - Import the movie and specify to keep existing sequence settings

Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 9.54.10 PM.png

 - Try to play the sequence

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?