Highlighted

Problem with HW decoding of timlene playback in Premiere Pro 2020 with UHD 630 Graphics

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PC with i5 10400, 16 Gb RAM, GTX 1060 3Gb, 120 Gb SSD, 1 Tb HDD, Win 10 Pro 2004.

Monitor is connected to my primary graphic adapter - GTX 1060. In Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4.0.38) there was active HW decoding of timlene playback with UHD 630 Intel QuickSync and encoding with GTX 1060. But with UHD 630 drivers newer then 27.20.100.8476 the HW decoding of timline with QuickSync is inactive. Is is not depends of Premiere Pro version, I have tryed all builds. All versions of UHD 630 Drivers from 26.20.100.7926 to 27.20.100.8476 have active HW decoding of timline with QuickSync, and all versions from 27.20.100.8476 have inactive HW decoding of timline with QuickSync.

Intel's support tell me: "We understand that this behavior is not dependent on the Adobe Premiere Pro* version that you are using, however, I would recommend providing this feedback to Adobe* support as well for further instructions or a similar reported issue with other devices."

So anybody encounters with this problen too?

And in addition to what I stated in my post above, the behavior of the Intel drivers after version 27.20.100.8476 has changed. You MUST now have the Intel iGPU perform both decoding and encoding. If the encoder is disabled, then the decoder will now also be disabled.

By doing this, budget systems with budget discrete GPUs will now be effectively locked out of most hardware acceleration; for example, the Nvidia MX series mobile GPUs  will decode but not encode.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with HW decoding of timlene playback in Premiere Pro 2020 with UHD 630 Graphics

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PC with i5 10400, 16 Gb RAM, GTX 1060 3Gb, 120 Gb SSD, 1 Tb HDD, Win 10 Pro 2004.

Monitor is connected to my primary graphic adapter - GTX 1060. In Premiere Pro 2020 (14.4.0.38) there was active HW decoding of timlene playback with UHD 630 Intel QuickSync and encoding with GTX 1060. But with UHD 630 drivers newer then 27.20.100.8476 the HW decoding of timline with QuickSync is inactive. Is is not depends of Premiere Pro version, I have tryed all builds. All versions of UHD 630 Drivers from 26.20.100.7926 to 27.20.100.8476 have active HW decoding of timline with QuickSync, and all versions from 27.20.100.8476 have inactive HW decoding of timline with QuickSync.

Intel's support tell me: "We understand that this behavior is not dependent on the Adobe Premiere Pro* version that you are using, however, I would recommend providing this feedback to Adobe* support as well for further instructions or a similar reported issue with other devices."

So anybody encounters with this problen too?

And in addition to what I stated in my post above, the behavior of the Intel drivers after version 27.20.100.8476 has changed. You MUST now have the Intel iGPU perform both decoding and encoding. If the encoder is disabled, then the decoder will now also be disabled.

By doing this, budget systems with budget discrete GPUs will now be effectively locked out of most hardware acceleration; for example, the Nvidia MX series mobile GPUs  will decode but not encode.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 23, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous cases with same issues Intel advise software developers to use latest Media SDK to compile program to get QuickSync work.
You can learn https://community.intel.com/t5/Media-Intel-oneAPI-Video/QuickSync-functionality-broken-with-DCH-driv...

But now the latest working driver for Intel UHD630 in Premiere Pro 2020 is 27.20.100.8476.

Newer versions of driver is not supported by Premiere Pro 2020 to work QuickSync in hybrid gpu mode (systems with two gpus)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next major release of Premiere Pro is now planned to include hardware NVDEC and VCN decoding support. When this will occur remains to be seen. At that point QuickSync support for both encoding and decoding will be restricted to those Intel-powered PCs without a discrete GPU.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0