Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with pixelated lines from PNG file in premiere pro

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am pretty new to premiere pro. I am trying to create a very simple sequence that uses 2 still images.

However, when I export the project (and even within the main PP window), I am getting a pixelated/blury result. The source PNG seems to show up fine (maybe a little pixelated) but as soon as I use it in the timeline, things turn ugly.

I am using full playback resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂sourcesourceafter renderafter render

TOPICS
Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

I made a slight edit since I don't know if I conveyed this all sufficiently enough.

It is an export setting issue, but also a sequence setting issue likely as well. In general, you want to specifically pick a sequence setting that matches your intended target format, and then follow-through with an appropriate export setting.

It looks like you picked a 4:3 SD sequence even though your source is higher resolution. Because of this, any exports from this sequence would be at a lower resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can tell from your after render example, that the frame size and aspect ratio are different than your PNG, meaning you're likely not using correct sequence and export settings. Use sequence and export settings appropriate for your project and intended delivery. If you're unsure, use a Preset to help get you started, or do a Google search for export settings for your intended delivery (YouTube, Instagram, etc.)

As far as your export, it all comes down to your export settings. In general, many video formats meant for web delivery are heavily compressed (H.264 for example) and depending on your bitrate and export resolution, that will impact the final result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your quick response! appreciate the help. I'll look into that now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a slight edit since I don't know if I conveyed this all sufficiently enough.

It is an export setting issue, but also a sequence setting issue likely as well. In general, you want to specifically pick a sequence setting that matches your intended target format, and then follow-through with an appropriate export setting.

It looks like you picked a 4:3 SD sequence even though your source is higher resolution. Because of this, any exports from this sequence would be at a lower resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah thanks. so how do I go about changing the sequence format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create a new sequence you are prompted to select one.

You can change an existing sequence's settings by right-clicking the sequence in your bin and selecting Sequence Settings, although there may be some problems in translating your edit to the new sequence settings, so some manual adjustment may be required (such as adjusting clip scale to fill the new frame)

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/creating-changing-sequences.html#change_sequence_settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, if it's pixelated in the timeline (not looking at exports) then it might be because you have scaled the PNG to fit. Make sure you export the PNG in photoshop in the exact pixel size needed in Premiere and then don't scale it in Premiere, you might just be good to go then ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines