Highlighted

Problem with Premier Pro version 14.3.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of problems with Premier Pro. They range from errors when trying to render using Adobe Media Encoder to Premier crashing.  I updated recently to version 14.3.1 and now some video clips on the timline are not visible unless I reduce the opacity of that clip from 100% to 99%

I shouldn't have to revert to an older version of Premier to complete a project. Does anyone have any solutions to the problem I describe?

Topics

Crash, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with Premier Pro version 14.3.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of problems with Premier Pro. They range from errors when trying to render using Adobe Media Encoder to Premier crashing.  I updated recently to version 14.3.1 and now some video clips on the timline are not visible unless I reduce the opacity of that clip from 100% to 99%

I shouldn't have to revert to an older version of Premier to complete a project. Does anyone have any solutions to the problem I describe?

Topics

Crash, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you provide us with your pc specs please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro

Dell  Precision T7610

Intel Xeon CPU E5-2650 V2  2.60 GHz   2.60 GHz    (2 processors)

Installed RAM   64 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

NVIDIA Quadro K4000   video card

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and your source properties and your sequence settings...  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My source properties and sequence settings have nothing to do with the problems I am having as I have been doing this for years and have nver encountered these problems until recently. I am using the same type of source files and settings on multiple projects. The video clips being invisible unless the opacity is reduced to 99% did not start happening until after I updated to 14.3.1    It does not happen with all video clips on the timeline.  One is a Illustrator .ai graphic that I am using in multiple videos and have not had this problem with other videos using the same graphic.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the amount of time it took you to answer my post, you could have answered my question.  good luck...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see how newer versions of Premiere Pro wouldn't run properly on your system:

Starting with the very first release of the 14.x version, Premiere Pro has gotten very, very picky about the age of your hardware components. That system of yours is now almost seven years old, while Premiere Pro 14.x gets tripped up - if not with compatibility error messages, then with stability issues - on anything that's over four years old. What's more, that Quadro K4000 GPU is just about to be moved to the "legacy" support phase at Nvidia itself. And it is now Adobe's policy for each major version (forced upon by the chip manufacturers) to discontinue support of anything that has fallen out of mainstream support status.

What this all means is that going forward, you may have to buy a new PC every three to four years just to continue using Premiere Pro at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines