• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with SCC timecodes in Premiere

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm currently having a problem in Premiere where every time I import an SCC file, the timecode is wrong.  To give you an idea of what I'm dealing with, I've included screenshots of the textedit page that shows the proper timecode of the SCC file I am working with. The second screenshot is of the caption window in Premiere after I have imported the file. As you can see, the first subtitle should appear at 00:00:00:12 but Premiere is importing that timecode as 00:00:01:22 which is completely wrong. Could anyone provide me with some insight as to why this could be happening? I am using Premiere to edit the text on these SCC files but I can't proceed if these timecodes are wrong in Premiere as I assume whatever I export out of Premiere will not sync properly to my video. Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 9.36.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-30 at 9.36.30 AM.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I did not respond to this sooner. I get similar results, and cannot make sense of it. .scc files have special issues for their timecode, have limits to what you can do (PR only exports them as 29.97 drop or non-droop), and are a frequent subject of sync problems.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines