Highlighted

problem with video playback in premiere pro

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a problem with loading premiere and then fixed it because I did not have the windows media player. However when I go to play my videos the playback engine is blank and is not playing. Other times it does play but the playback is blank and I can only hear the audio. I then went to change my playback engine to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA), but it wasn't listed. I had also read that the audio could mess it up so when I went to change my device class in audio hardware the only two options listed were, MME and ASIO. The last issue is that when I close Premiere it doesn't respond and takes for ever to fully shut down. If someone could help me figure out why there is no video playback that would be very appreciated.

I use a intel nuc hades canyon 

Specs:

-Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics

-Intel core i7 8th gen

-32gb of ram

-1TB ssd card

-

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

problem with video playback in premiere pro

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had a problem with loading premiere and then fixed it because I did not have the windows media player. However when I go to play my videos the playback engine is blank and is not playing. Other times it does play but the playback is blank and I can only hear the audio. I then went to change my playback engine to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (CUDA), but it wasn't listed. I had also read that the audio could mess it up so when I went to change my device class in audio hardware the only two options listed were, MME and ASIO. The last issue is that when I close Premiere it doesn't respond and takes for ever to fully shut down. If someone could help me figure out why there is no video playback that would be very appreciated.

I use a intel nuc hades canyon 

Specs:

-Radeon RX Vega M GH graphics

-Intel core i7 8th gen

-32gb of ram

-1TB ssd card

-

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Also, please help us help you:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-information-should-i-provide-when-asking-a-ques...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0