• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd like to set up Edge 4 and a black background to the SRT subtitle file that I uploaded to Premiere. Edge above 0 causes letters to get off the black background (find the picture attached ). My question is: how can I fix it? Can you please help me?

english subtitles.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get the same thing you do.  Sometimes such problems can be font specific, but it happened in the 3 fonts I tried. And an edge of only 1 creates the entire problem.

In fact, there are several problems when an edge is added to a caption font.

Regarding the future, the public Beta has a new caption workflow that is using the essential graphics engine. I believe this will solve many of the problems with captions and add new features. (Yes, the background block expands correctly for the edge added.) But because of those changes, I don't expect any changes in the current caption system. Note that the Beta captions are not ready for primetime; basic functions are not yet available.

I do not recommend using the Beta for live work. However, if you consider it, see this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-captions-limited-support-of-fonts/m-p/11762024#M324...

And then the option I describe in a later post where you complete your video edit in the release version, and then bring a copy to the Beta version to burn in captions.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/open-captions-limited-support-of-fonts/m-p/11762295#M324...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines