• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems capturing VHS tapes and Hi-8 tapes solved.

Guide ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intensity Shuttle and ADVC 110 get recommended in these forums a lot for video capture. Should they be recommneded in the year 2021? It has also been said many times Premiere Pro can only capture from Firewire devices. The video below might help demonstrate the best option.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nubVDZvzNA

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or might not...  Haven't had to capture from vhs from a few years, but my memory is that none of these solutions work well unless your vhs deck has a tbc built in.    I had 3 different vhs decks and some tapes worked fine in one and not in others...  

I had one deck that had a built in standards converter and that delivered stable video but again, that was dependent on the quality of the vhs tape.  vhs tapes were prone to serious flaking of the oxide and stretching that caused all sorts of issues.  

caveat emptor.    whatever solution you buy, make sure you can return it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mgrenadier

All your concerns are covered in the video. In fact my video has a TBC demonstration in it. Saying a TBC is needed is not as good as demonstrating why it is needed. I made the video so people could see the end result. I also mention some cheap USB video capture cards will not allow you to import the video into Premiere Pro. A problem many people face. The video also talks about the problems that occur when using the ADVC 110 with Thundebolt 3. The video should clear up a lot of confusion. I hate to see people waste money on products that will not work. Having said that no one should have to worry about returning anything after watching my video because I have a solution that works. 

If anyone had different results than what my video demonstrates I would love to hear your comments. As far as I know the information is 100% correct but confirmation is always nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines