Highlighted

Problems editing/exporting OBS gameplay footage in premiere

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time I've used OBS, a software that lets you record your screen and video game footage. I recorded some gameplay footage of MTGArena for a youtube video. It was recorded as a MKV file, which I had to convert to MP4 using VLC before Premiere could open it. The MP4 video plays fine, as did the MKV video, which I believe has been deleted.

So, the MP4 video by itself plays fine, but when I tried to edit it and then export it with Premiere Pro, it came out looking like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I50KCVBMKfA&feature=youtu.be

ALSO, exporting time for premiere pro was way higher than it normally is. To test, I tried to export a video on the same resolution settings I recorded with my video camera. A four minute live video took about 45 seconds to export, while a 4 minute video of OBS recorded gameplay is saying it will take 45 minutes to export, and still comes out looking laggy.

Is there any way to
A) Export my OBS footage from premiere pro without it being unwatchable, and
B) Export OBS footage from Premiere Pro without it taking an hour when it should take a minute?

The link to footage of the hot garbage export: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I50KCVBMKfA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems editing/exporting OBS gameplay footage in premiere

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first time I've used OBS, a software that lets you record your screen and video game footage. I recorded some gameplay footage of MTGArena for a youtube video. It was recorded as a MKV file, which I had to convert to MP4 using VLC before Premiere could open it. The MP4 video plays fine, as did the MKV video, which I believe has been deleted.

So, the MP4 video by itself plays fine, but when I tried to edit it and then export it with Premiere Pro, it came out looking like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I50KCVBMKfA&feature=youtu.be

ALSO, exporting time for premiere pro was way higher than it normally is. To test, I tried to export a video on the same resolution settings I recorded with my video camera. A four minute live video took about 45 seconds to export, while a 4 minute video of OBS recorded gameplay is saying it will take 45 minutes to export, and still comes out looking laggy.

Is there any way to
A) Export my OBS footage from premiere pro without it being unwatchable, and
B) Export OBS footage from Premiere Pro without it taking an hour when it should take a minute?

The link to footage of the hot garbage export: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I50KCVBMKfA&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ann Bens | Adobe Community Professional

If the footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0
Noah5C19 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like it helped. Thanks friend! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 1