Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing AAF into Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I'm a long time Avid editor who's worked in broadcasting for 15 years. I've taken up Premiere Pro in a new position and I like the functionality of Premire.

However, when it comes to crunch time I feel Premiere struggles. I work collaboratively with other editors and I've been trying to import an AAF into Premiere but no dice. AAF is standard for broadcast post production and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if Premiere just doesn't do AAF?

If Premiere doesn't do AAF, will they in the future? 

Thanks so much!

Pauly

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAF works a bit differently it seems in every NLE/post-production app in existence. I work a lot with colorists and they find this whole XML/EDL/AAF bit maddening.

So, what app is making the AAF? And what issues are you having?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil!

It is maddening! Supplying files for grades and sound mixes is so different across different platforms.

I believe the AAF was from FCP. I can open the sequence and I can see the audio tracks, files and edits - however it's not populated. There is a folder with the audio files, but I can't relink them to that folder. When I try to relink, it wants an external folder, which I don't have as I believe that I've been sent an embedded AAF.

Can Premiere not work with embedded AAFs? Do they need a folder supplied of audio files which you relink to?

Just trying to figure out the process for importing and using AAFs in Premiere : )

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not that great on AAFs, but yea, they might need that folder. PrPro is at times very folder-structure aware on these things. I'll check with my colorist buds.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines