• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with position keyframes

Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving text in my video, when I start off-screen and move the text in everything works fine. As soon as I add a third keyframe to anchor the text so I can start moving it off the whole thing breaks and the text disappears. Timeline picture included

2020-09-18 16_22_49-.png

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, changing the actual "coordinates" number in the position attribute will work but moving the text in the project window breaks things.

I seem to be experiencing bugs with the position attribute of objects in premiere as also posted here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/scale-effect-starts-before-keyframe/m-p/11430099?page=1

if someone could help I would appreciate it, this is now happening on more then one project and it is fine 90+% of the time but just starts breaking other times.

It is hurting my productivity and limiting my options if someone could help I would appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways to move a text.

Under Vector Motion and Motion which is under Video.

Might have those confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that simple below I have included a screenshot with keyframes that should move my text. If I just the first one that's where the text stays, ie off my screen, and if I change the second one the text just shows up there immediately. Ie POP it just appears without sliding on screen. These are the only keyframes I have in the text. I am not manipulating both.

2020-09-19 15_37_17-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do not keyframe text from Motion properties, better animate text using Text Transform Properties(position,scale etc..)

then use Vector Motion if you need to add additional seamless animation keyframes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AYYY! not quite the answer I was looking for but it gave me a better understanding of where to look!

After looking at my vector graphics coordinates and the video motion coordinates while moving the text I realized:

I was trying to keyframe the movement of the actual text box NOT the text object itself!

Thanks Carlos! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good that your issue was solved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines