• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Premier 2020 and NVIDIA GTX 960 TI graphics card

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good night, I upgraded my 2019 premier to 2020 and my Nvida gtx 960 TI card is no longer being accepted, it requests a drive update, it appears as a conflict in the software and has been reducing the performance of my editions.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

There is a major issue with the 451.67 Game Ready driver, as well as all other older Nvidia drivers, that cropped up in the newest versions of several Creative Cloud programs, which may have included Premiere Pro. And the compatibility error popped up only after an update of the main Creative Cloud desktop app. The fix pointed to the 451.77 Studio driver, which is not compatible with any Maxwell or older-gen Nvidia GPU.  You may choose to continue with known issues, but all hardware acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video card specification

Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 gamming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a major issue with the 451.67 Game Ready driver, as well as all other older Nvidia drivers, that cropped up in the newest versions of several Creative Cloud programs, which may have included Premiere Pro. And the compatibility error popped up only after an update of the main Creative Cloud desktop app. The fix pointed to the 451.77 Studio driver, which is not compatible with any Maxwell or older-gen Nvidia GPU.  You may choose to continue with known issues, but all hardware acceleration will be disabled in Premiere Pro until you update the graphics driver.

Since then, Nvidia released the 452.06 driver in both Game Ready and Studio versions. For your GPU, you will need to update to the 452.06 Game Ready driver (you will need to go directly to the Nvidia Web site to download this driver). And when you install this new driver, be sure to select "Custom install," then in the page that follows be sure to check the box "Perform a clean installation." Otherwise, with the default installation method the old and new driver files will clash, resulting in a major mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

PROBLEM:

I had the studio driver installed and Hardware acceleration was working in premiere cc until a few days ago.  Now it is not an option in premiere and this is probably caused by my graphics driver automatically updating to the latest Game ready driver as the Studio version is no longer available.

I looked on nvidia and it is not available under older drivers anymore.

SOLUTION (NEED OLD STUDIO DRIVER) Any help appreciated

Can anyone provide a link to download the latest Studion version driver for Geforce GTX960 as NVIDIA seem to have stopped it for gtx 960. If anyone could provide a link to download the old studio driver for gtx 960 I would really appreciate it.

Thank You.

JohnO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't think you ever had a studio driver for the 960 (card is too old) installed

If I am not mistaken the studio driver did not come into the picture until the 1000 series.

Hardware acceleration also runs on a Game driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines