Problems with Source Resoultion

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put videos together into Adobe Premiere Pro and upload the entire video to youtube. Whenever I upload a clip it is almost allways at 1920x1080 pixels, but whenever I go to export the video to an MP4, it says the source of the video is only 640x360 which ends up making the entire project look horrible and i would love to hear back from someone as soon as possible.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Sep 30, 2020
Phillip Harvey Adobe Community Professional , Sep 30, 2020
This is a fairly common issue of having your media in a sequence that does not fit the source. Your source is 1920x1080, but you've created a sequence at 640x360, and then you're scaling it back up to 1920x1080 on export.   You have 3 variables to keep in mind when it comes to your video resolution and framerate:  The settings of your Source Media, which are determined at the time of recording.  The settings of your Sequence, which you set up when you create the sequence. The settings of you...

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made smaller resolution  proxies of your files? Could you post a screen shot of your export settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HollowApex_0-1601507306906.png

Other then those export settings, i have no idea what the problem may be, i checked each and every videos properties and they all say 1920x1080. I have also put the clips into a different project and the Source seems to be fine at 1920x1080 so i have no idea what the issue is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the picture in this file is of the entire export window, and on the left of the window there is a preview of the video, and it looks fine but whenever i export it end up tanking the quality by a lot ending up looking like the other picture i will send. 

HollowApex_0-1601507599303.png

HollowApex_1-1601507615734.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a fairly common issue of having your media in a sequence that does not fit the source. Your source is 1920x1080, but you've created a sequence at 640x360, and then you're scaling it back up to 1920x1080 on export.

You have 3 variables to keep in mind when it comes to your video resolution and framerate: 

1. The settings of your Source Media, which are determined at the time of recording. 
  2. The settings of your Sequence, which you set up when you create the sequence.
  3. The settings of your Output, which you specify on export. 

Ideally (or at least, generally), you should have the same settings throughout the process from start to finish, as pictured in this diagram:

Source_Sequence_Output_Ideal.png

My recommendation is to start a sequence based on the settings of your source media. One of the ways to do that is to drag the clip(s) down to the New Item icon in the Project Panel. You can also right click and choose 'New Sequence from Clip'

New Item.png

If you create a new sequence this way you can copy your old sequence and paste it into the new one.

You can also adjust the settings of your current sequence in Sequence Settings.

Sequence Settings.png

Either way, you'll need to scale your media back up to fit the newer, larger sequence size. There are many ways to do that including:

- Right click your video clips and choose 'Set to Frame Size'

- Select All, choose Remove Attributes, and uncheck everything except Motion (note that you shouldn't do this to clips that you've got motion keyframes on). This will return the Scale to 100.

- Select one clip and in Effect Controls set the Scale back to 100. Select 'Motion', Copy, and then select all your other video clips and Paste.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just to clarify, if i click okay does it delete my project? 

HollowApex_0-1601518086277.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, haha. It is a warning about deleting video previews, the files that are created when you render your timeline. You may not have even created any.

It does remind me that a good tip is to do a Save As before you do any major changes to a project, or at the very least iterate your sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines