Highlighted

Problems with the latest Premiere update.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is because of an update or not.  Recently when I open Premiere Pro it says that my GEFORCE GTX Driver is no longer supported.  I have tried to fix the issue but I have the latest drivers installed on my computer.

When I try to run with known issues it works fine except when I preview my edit is plays in fast motion.  Once I export it it is fine, but as you can imagine, this makes it very difficult to do edits.

Any suggestions?

Mike

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems with the latest Premiere update.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is because of an update or not.  Recently when I open Premiere Pro it says that my GEFORCE GTX Driver is no longer supported.  I have tried to fix the issue but I have the latest drivers installed on my computer.

When I try to run with known issues it works fine except when I preview my edit is plays in fast motion.  Once I export it it is fine, but as you can imagine, this makes it very difficult to do edits.

Any suggestions?

Mike

TOPICS
Editing, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact GTX GPU do you have? Older GPUs are now no longer supported by their manufacturers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the NVidia Ge Force GTX 1050

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we would need to know which GPU you've got and what the driver for that is.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVidia GE Force GTX 1050 version 445.87

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They list a 456.71 as the latest studio driver. The one you're using is a game-ready driver from way back in April.

Go to Nvidia's site, click on their support/drivers page, and install a newer driver.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a new Studio Driver released yesterday.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am getting a black screen as soon as I activate lumetri color.  driver: StudioDriver 456.71 ... 2080Ti+1080Ti .. latest Premiere! What's goin on??  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what? You cannot mix different vintages and generations of GPUs at all in the same system. All GPUs must be of the exact same GPU architecture. The RTX 2080 Ti and the GTX 1080 Ti are both of completely different GPU architectures, which can - and will - cause problems such as what you've experienced.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so switchin it off in harware shoul ddo the trick?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The only way to regain stability would be to completely remove (physically) one or the other.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 1