• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with the movie lagging when I edit.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can see that my computer is retrieving data while I play my video it jumps all the time. 

I have a strong laptop and checked with the job's IT department, which believes that it should be able to edit heavy files in PR. But I have big problems editing right now and need your help. I sitting home and work towards VPN.

What is the problem?

//Regards Gitt

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does your media reside? Locally on, say, a SSD? Or remotely via cloud/VPN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

My material is on our server which I access via VPN.

//Gitt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would say editing over the network, especially a VPN, is gonna be bad. Like Bryon said, try moving some files local and editing those. If you get better performance, you'll likely need to do that with all your footage. You can also test a proxy workflow, that may work OK over the VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

...so we dont have to download unknown files: we help you, you help us. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a test with local files to discard the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines