• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Production Projects linked/edits not updating!!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Adobe Premiere v14.9

I believe my problem has to do with multi-cam sequences themselves.

This is my first project in Productions.  I'm not sure if I'm miss using this or if it's just really glitchy. Links have been very hit and miss and I've had major problems with losing hours of edits. I heavily use multi-cams, and this might be part of my problem. Here's my setup:

I have a list of episodes in the Production, each episode with a folder. In the folder is 2 projects:

(1) Footage, Audio & Multi-cams

(2) Edits - sequences with versions of edits

When I make edits in my multi-cams, markers, colorgrades... the edits only sometimes update on the (2) Edits Project sequences.  Occationally, when I've oppened a Multi-cam from (1) in the bin, and then oppened it again, from a (2) edits sequence (that references the same multi-cam), it will open twice in the sequence.  But when I "Reveal Sequence in Project" both multi-cam sequences point to the same multi-cam sequence in the bin. Only one will actually make changes to the original file.  Even at that, sometimes when I open the Multi-Cam, it will create a new Bin called "Recovered Clips" with old nests (that are referenced in the multi-cam) and my new edits are lost!   The only way I've been able to sort of get things to work is to put everything in the same project (master clips, multi-cams, & sequences).  Not sure yet if this is even stable after it's all been transfered from other projects.  Will find out soon.  But, if I have to have everything in the same project, that totally defeats the purpose of having the Productions workflow,  because I could never be certain if I brought media in from another project, that it would update correctly when I made changes.  

Oh, and I tried to have the master clips in one project, and then the multi-cams and edit sequeneces in another project.  This didin't work out either.  Edits to the multi-cams wouldn't update consistantly in the edits sequences.  I can't seem to find a corrilation between whether both footage and edit projects are open at the same time when edits are made, or one's closed while edits are made in the other.

I've lost over a week, trying to figure this out!  It's been super sporadic, and I never know when my work will be saved or lost (I save my work regularly).  Trust me, I've tried every combination of everthing I can possibly think of.  It's super frustraiting to save a project, then to open it again, and find a new bin called "Recovered Clips" (holding nested sequences) and most of your previous edits gone!

I'm kind of at my wits end with this and seriously considering scrapping the Productions workflow.  

I'm just so disapointed right now, because I thought this would solve a lot of my problems, but instead it's created an unbelieveable headache!

And while I'm at it, any one know how to export a sequence from a Production that consolidates everything it references into one Project, which references the original media on the server? I've exported sequences out of the production, opened them outside of the production, and found that it's still referencing projects within the production (multi-cams and masterclips)!  I thought this wasn't even supposed to be possible!  I thought only Production Projects could reference media in another project!

Sorry for the rant...

Anybody else having these issues?  Any advice?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disregard this post.  I contacted Adobe Customer Support, and talked with them for 2 hours with a screen share showing them my problem, and they haven't been able to figure it out.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, that's an odd one. I've got several multicams in Productions and have used them across sequence projects without any issue whatever. So ... I'm wondering what the heck is causing this mess you're having?

I'm including links to the two best documents they've got so far on working with Productions, just so you and anyone else can at least see what they've got published about this useful but oddly different process.

Neil

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Productions reference pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines