• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Productions always creates Recovered Clips folder

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been driving me crazy.  I decided to test out Adobe Productions and there are some good things about it.  But for some reason randomly projects creates a recovered clips folder and moves all my media to this folder.  I have a project within my production that houses all my episodes, mainly just my sequences.  I have another project that houses all my sound fx and music.  So for example I will create an edit using music that I pulled from the Music project and lay it into my sequences.  Next time I open the production all the music and its instances in my timeline have been moved to a folder called recovered clips in my sequence and I have to manually relink all my edits to originate from their original source.  This is driving me crazy.  Does anyone know Productions does this?  

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Default User,

See if Paul's tutorial helps: https://www.thepremierepro.com/blog-1/tag/recovered+clips 

Multicamera sequences, and merged clips can exacerbate this issue.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this is only happening with the new Productions project type released last year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default3r96fcl4u214 Something's not right there, you shouldn't be having recovered clips being created. In your example, is the project with music and sound fx also inside the same production folder as your episodes project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is all in the same Productions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default3r96fcl4u214 Thanks for the follow up. Could you go into more detail regarding how you "create an edit using music that I pulled from the Music project and lay it into my sequences."? If you could list out each step that makes this happen maybe I can identify why, or, reproduce on my system. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Matt I'm seeing 'recovered clips' regularly. I have heaps of 'source' projects in the production but only a few clips seem to end up in the 'recovered clips' folder. I suspect *some* of them are where the app has a beach ball or needs a force quit when the edit project has saved but the source project hasn't. But not all of them. 

One clip that seems to regularly end up there is one of the dual system audio clips that make up a multicam sequence. 

Very tricky to track down what might cause it/replicate. If you've anything you'd like me to try...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines