• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Productions – Editing funtions don't work

Contributor ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Productions, some basic editing functions like Insert Edit aren't working for me.

I'm using Premiere Pro 14.8.0 on a MacBook Pro late 2015 running OS 10.14.6.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a Productions setup/workflow, project files still work as project files ... so something's off.

I'm presuming you have checked your Source and Track targeting ... especially Source if going from setting i/o points from the project panel or Source monitor ...

Neil

Source Patching.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting Premiere "fixed" it.

Yes, I did have Source / Track targeting selected properly.

An important variable: Previously, in Finder, I RENAMED the folder the Production is in. I closed Premiere before I did this; but maybe this caused the problem? And could make things janky moving forward?

It's a short-duration, simple, not-paid thing (not a feature that's going to go on for months), so it may be less of a big deal. Since I'm supervising a group of less-experienced editors, I wanted to keep the folder the Production is in at the top in Finder (above "Adobe Premiere Auto-Save" and the [empty/clutter] Preview File folders), so I put "__" in front of the folder's name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do the rename from the Productions setting? File (program)/Production Settings menu? If not, could have caused some wonkiness there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I renamed it in Finder. That may have caused the wonkiness.

In File / Production Settings, I'm not seeing a place where I can rename the Production.

Do you mean renaming it using the menu that comes up when I click on the three horizontal bars in the Production panel?

Rename_Production.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's the spot ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a tutorial on Best Practices for working with the folder structure within which Productions reside? (ex. renaming the folder within which a Production resides)

I went to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.ug.html

...but wasn't able to find information about this. (I wish there was a Search that let you search within the User Guide you're looking at instead of the entire Adobe help.)

Renaming_folders_for_Productions.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also the following pdf:
Adobe Premiere Pro: Best Practices & Workflow Guide (Long form and Episodic)

They list the process for renaming a Production within itself, on page 20 of the above document. They don't however state that it is the only place you should do so. That I got directly from one of the staffers duing an online presentation on Productions.

There are a number of differences in working with the Productions model that are not necessarily obvious ... ahem ... and which users tend to bump into. This being one.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Full documentation plus a link to the PDF Neil just linked to is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/production-panel.ug.html

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines