Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Productions turnover

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have been using Productions and am about to lock picture. For turnover I need to consolidate all file assets (video, audio, gfx, etc) into a new standalone project so that the post house can do their work. Per the Adobe document (Adobe Premiere Pro Best Practices & Workflow Guide):

"Another use for Generate Master Clips is to prepare a sequence for turnovers. Duplicate the sequence into an empty project, then select all the clips in the sequence and choose Edit > Generate Master Clips for Media. The project is now self contained and ready to send."

I've done this. My expectation was to see the Project bin populate with bins/folders that would correspond to the hundreds of clips in the locked sequence. However this is not the case. I only have the the picture locked sequence and another nested sequence that contains the TV movie's title (image attached).

My question: is this what I should expect and how does this impact the post house?

Many thanks

David  

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan  ... any way you could get an engineer's comment on this? I've not done enough of this to know that part well enough to provide any assistance.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Neil, that would be terrific. I'm actually surprised there isn't a thread on the topic already. Surely there must be more off-line editors encountering this. 

Thanks 

David 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can shake loose an answer ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick query:

If you open that created project outside of the production, does the sequence show the clips? And play?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a response to me from Karle Soule ... so give it a try?

Neil

"Try right-clicking in the project bin and turn on “view Hidden”. I’ve seen that bug once before. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David, 

Wondering what came of this issue for you and any advice you can lend.

I came across your post since I'm having issues with productions. My team and I are similarly having master clip / source clip linking issues in productions and will soon have to turn over this feature film . We're worried that glitches like ours will continue. What was your turnover workflow like and any hiccups we should be aware of?

Thanks,

Annie 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines